Sunday 1 May 2011

Happy Beltane

Didnt quite make dawn this morning, but did a few rounds ( dressed) and took off a piece of Rowan branch and hung it over my front door - for luck.For those of you who dont know,  Beltane is a pagan festival celebrating the mother earth, fertility and rebirth following Winter.  It is halfway between the Spring Equinox and the Summer Solstice. Rowan trees figured quite strongly in the various rituals as it was believed that spirits lived inside them.

Anyhow enough of culture. As I am writing this Keiran and Dennis are busy outside cleaning our patio in preparation for my shed. Keiran and I spent a happy day yesterday shopping for all the essentials that you need for a glorious summer of learning, and I met a couple of friends at the shop who gave me the most beautiful Begonia for my patio. Later when patio is finished I am going to plant out my tomatoes and courgettes in readiness for a great big glut of fruit that we can share with everyone come late summer.

Am thinking that it would be an excellent idea to hold a shed warming party at end of May as a way of saying thank you to everyone who has so wonderfully supported me - and a last chance to get gloriously drunk before Chemo- hey ho happy daze .....

2 comments:

  1. I think its great that a terrorist like Bin Laden has been caught but we do not have the right to take a life even someone like him. as you know i felt the same about Saddam - remember me tying that twat of a monk in knots at our retreat in Pokara! feeling compassion for these people is impossible but we must allow them to live as its not our right to destroy life!

    loving your new nature pic on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree, however if we are ever to attain true enlightenment we must strive for compassion. Feeling compassion is not forgiving someone or condoning them, but is more a statement of where we are in our lives.
    oophs sorry bout that- Bloody hell sound like Dalai Lama. You're right that American Monk was a right Twat !!!

    ReplyDelete